Hi everyone! I’m super excited to announce that I’ll be in San Diego next week. I’ll be giving a lecture about my work & my special lighting techniques at The Professional Photographers of San Diego County. I’m always constantly updating my content and adding new behind the scenes of recent shoots I’ve done, so you won’t want to miss this! – I’ll be sharing all the details from my recent photo shoot with Lebron James as well as discussing some upcoming projects as well. If you’re in the San Diego area, swing on by I would love to meet you!
The meeting is free for PPSDC Members, and only $20 if you’re a none member. Here’s all the details:
August 8 @ 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
7475 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92111
REGISTER HERE (click on the link below):
1 Day Lighting Workshop
I’m also thrilled to share that I’m planning a 1 day Lighting Workshop the following day. Because of the support of Bay Photo Lab & Profoto, I’ll be able to teach this workshop for only $200 (for the first 10 people who sign up)! This workshop will be more in depth then the lecture. I’ll actually have a full set of Profoto lights and demonstrate how and why I used the modifiers I use. I’ll not only be able to answer any questions you have about lighting, but also show you how I work and how I build an image.
The price for the first 10 people who sign up is only $200! After 10 people sign up, the price will go up to $400. This is to help keep the class small & intimate:
August 9th, 2017 – 11:00am
1st part – Lecture + Q&A (3hrs)
- Lighting & visual impact: analyzed & explained
- Shooting with Strobes & how I prepare them
- Lighting characteristics & modifiers
- Strobe equipment/modifiers I used will be on hand
Lunch Break (not provided) 2pm – 2:45pm
2nd part – Shooting Demo (3hrs) 3pm-6pm
- Building an image with 1, 2 & 3 lights
- Flooding with light – 3 light setup
- Lighting for darkness – 3 & 2 light setup (using CTO/CTS gels)
What to bring?
- Note book or laptop to take notes
- Open mind, positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Camera preferably with a good zoom lens (please note, since it’s only a 1 day workshop, there may not be sufficient time for everyone to shoot the setups I show. This can be very time consuming. I’d much rather invest time answering your questions. But please do bring your camera in case we do have enough time, and you can also shoot your own BTS images for future reference.
2001 Main St, San Diego, CA 92113
Here’s some BTS images from my previous lighting workshop in Las Vegas:
Am I planning another workshop anywhere else or at another time?
– Not at this price. I am planning another workshop later this year, but it will be more in depth, 3 days, 2 instructors, in NYC and the price will reflect that.
Will this workshop be recorded/streamed and will I be able to buy/download later?
-NO, this is a hands-on workshop structured to teach and explain what I do, but more importantly WHY. And also answer your questions about lighting in detail.
I don’t have $100,000 to spend on lighting like I see you use in your shoots. I don’t even have $10,000 to spend on lights!! I would love to learn lighting but why take a class if I can’t afford all the gear you’re going to use?
-Gear is something you should never be hung up on. If you look at my body of work, some of it is created with 100k+ worth of lighting, and others with a 10year old speed lite and/or $5 insulation boards used as reflectors. What I do is follow certain visual rules over and over again which you can see repeated in my body of work which gives it visual impact or “cool lighting.” That’s what I’ll break down, explain and teach you over 2 days. Rule #1 as a photographer, LIGHT is your best friend regardless if it comes 93million miles away from a giant gas ball, or 5ft away from a fancy strobe or $2 light bulb. I will teach you my theories & laws about lighting. I started with nothing & as a “natural light” photographer.
Have any other questions?? Shoot me an e-mail.